Have a poem or story you would like to have posted?
Email it to us! Use the Subject Line - Poem/Story
NOTE: Please send it as an attachment to your email. We can NOT open Microsoft Works files...
Submitted items are subject to this agreement / disclaimer.
By submitting a poem, short story, or prayer to us for presentation in the poems area of any site owned, operated, or maintained by the Military Wives Website (MWW) staff, you agree to be bound by this agreement.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 12 April 2000
1. License Grant. You, the author and/or contributor authorize MWW to make available to the general public the literary work you have submitted in electronic and print media. PLEASE do not submit poems, prayers and/or stories for which you do NOT have permission. Failure to obtain permission could result in prosecution under United States and International Copyright law. Although MWW will endeavor to ascertain if a copyright does exist YOU accept the ultimate responsibility.
You further authorize and grant MWW the right to publish such work in other compilations without reservation..
You understand, agree, and hereby waive any and all rights to monies that inclusion of your literary submission may generate by such publications compiled by MWW.
MWW agrees to include the author's and contributor's name in such electronic and compiled publications.
MWW further agrees that if an electronic address (electronic mail, internet URL) was given that it to will be included in such publications.
MWW can and may, at their sole discretion, reject, remove, or disallow inclusion of any and all submissions.
2. Reservation of Rights. MWW reserves any rights not expressly granted herein.
1. MWW Material. The Materials are copyrighted and are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. The Materials may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without MWW's prior written consent. Except as expressly provided herein, MWW does not grant any express or implied right to you under any copyrights, trademarks, patents or trade secret information. Other rights may be granted to you by MWW in writing or incorporated elsewhere in the Materials.
2. Third Party Material. The Materials published by MWW on this server may contain other proprietary notices or describe products, services, processes or technologies owned by MWW or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting to the user a license under any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of MWW or any third party, except for the right of use license expressly set forth above in these terms and conditions.
3. Advertisements. Neither MWW nor its partners assume the responsibility of enforcing licensing requirements, or of checking for licenses, with respect to licensed professions or trades, prior to publishing advertisements. Neither MWW nor its partners is responsible for the content of any advertising published on the server.
C. No Warranty.
MWW and/or its licensors and partners make no representations about the suitability of the materials published on this server for any purpose.
The materials are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind.
You assume the entire risk of loss in using the materials and the internet generally. The materials are complex and may contain noncomformities, defects or errors.
MWW and/or its licensors and partners hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to the materials, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
In no event shall MWW and/or its licensors and partners be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with any use of the materials.
D. Errors and Corrections.
The materials published on this server could include technical inaccuracies and/or typographical errors. MWW and/or its licensors and partners may make improvements and/or changes in the materials at any time.
E. Limitation on Liability.
In no event shall MWW and/or its licensors and partners be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits or the inability to use data, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the materials, provision of or failure to provide services, or any other information available from this server.
If MWW's disclaimer of warranties or limitation of liability set forth within this Agreement is held unenforceable or inapplicable, you agree that MWW's liability shall not exceed $100.00.
F. Links to Third Party Sites.
The links in this area will let you leave MWW's site. The linked sites are not under the control of MWW and MWW is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. MWW is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by MWW of the site.
MWW's products and services referenced herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MWW. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
H. Local Law.
This server is operated from a location in the State of Washington, United States of America. MWW makes no representation that the Materials are appropriate for use in other locations. If you access this server from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
MWW reserves the right to discontinue or modify any of the information contained on this server at any time. MWW shall have the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time. The user may not assign any part of this Agreement without MWW's prior written consent. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Washington, exclusive of conflicts of laws principles.
The user shall pay any taxes on the information or transactions, except for those based on MWW's annual net income. If any provision of this Agreement is declared invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in effect. The user agrees to comply with all applicable laws in using this service or the information contained herein. No waiver of any obligation or right of either party shall be effective unless in writing, executed by the party against whom it is being enforced. Any such waiver shall not preclude a party from exercising any other right or later exercising the same right. Any notice under this Agreement shall be delivered by U.S. certified mail, return receipt requested, or by overnight courier to MWW at the address below. These terms and conditions apply on behalf of MWW and all of its partners, affiliates, employees and licensors.